Friday, October 23, 2009

Oracle, MySQL, EU and money

The whole MySQL issue with Oracle and EU is just silly. I'm not going to repeat arguments here as there are many comments you can find and I believe that all that could be said about it has already been said. If you are interested in what is going on and why then read these two articles which summarize the whole issue very well. Here is one from Groklaw and this one is also very interesting.

It is really sad to see to what extend some people are greedy...
I think that RMS and Monty lost whatever credibility they had left. They definitely lost it completely in my eyes. Not that Monty cares as he is after more money here... He wants to cash-in two times... Call me idealist or whatever but I honestly believe that life and business is not *only* about money.

No comments: