Thursday, January 25, 2007

PffP

I've been watching Physics course teached by Richard Muller at the University of California at Berkeley. The course is called Physics for future Presidents (PffP) or Physics10. If you want to refresh your knowledge about atom bombs, relativity or quantum physics without going into much details and math but rather to understand the idea behind the PffP is for you. I promise you will learn something even if you've studied physics - actually you'll probably learn more than during studies :) The most important thing about this course is you'll learn a lot about real world problems, you'll get answers to questions you've always had in your mind.

I must say that Richard Muller is a GREAT teacher, one in a million, I wish I had such teachers during my studies. He's one of those guys who are really passionate about what they are doing and at the same time they have that gift to share their knowledge and passion in such a way you just learn and enjoy the whole experience.

There're 26 lectures during a semester each about 1h long. All lectures are available online on PffP page or you can watch them directly on Berkeley pages here. Right now new semester started so if you want to watch a whole semester quicker just see last one here.

Just give it a try, I'm sure you won't regret it.

update: why

No comments: